Organizer: Supporting Organization:
The competition aims to raise the awareness of the general public and students on endangered species protection through creative and artistic designs of passport holder. Winning entries will be printed on plastic passport holders for distribution to members of the public.
The design should be related to the following themes on protection of endangered animal and plant species:
- reminding tourists that import and export of souvenirs of endangered species are subject to control
- advocating sustainable use of wildlife resources
- combating illegal trade in wild animals and plants
- encouraging the public to comply with Protection of Endangered Species of Animals and Plants Ordinance
Participants may visit the website of Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) at www.cites.hk for information about endangered species protection and legislative controls.
- Secondary School Section (for full-time local secondary students)
- Open Section (for local residents of age 16 or over)
- The entry should include the design of both front and back covers of a passport holder to be presented on a piece of paper of A4 size (210 x 297mm).
- For design produced using computer, it should be saved in an image file in JPEG format with a resolution of 300dpi and a colour printout of A4 size should be submitted. Winners will be informed to submit image files after the competition.
- A slogan or a short message, either in Chinese or in English, should be included in the design.
Entry and Submission
- Entry form can be downloaded here or obtained from 5/F, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, Kowloon during office hour (Monday to Friday: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.).
- Each entry should be submitted with a completed entry form stuck to its back.
- Entries should be submitted by post to the Endangered Species Protection Division, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices or by delivery to the same address during office hour. All entries of the Secondary School Section must be submitted through the respective schools.
Deadline for Submission
31th May 2012 (Thursday) [According to the postmark if by mail]
|Pertinence of theme
|Composition and use of colours
||HK$3,000 gift coupons of personal electrics and certificate
||HK$1,500 gift coupons of personal electrics and certificate
||HK$1,000 gift coupons of personal electrics and certificate
|Outstanding Award (10 places)
||HK$100 gift coupons of personal electrics and certificate
Secondary School Section:
||HK$3,000 book coupons and certificate
||HK$1,500 book coupons and certificate
||HK$1,000 book coupons and certificate
|Outstanding Award (10 places)
||HK$100 book coupons and certificate
|Most Supportive School Award (1 place)
||HK$2,000 book coupons and certificate
Announcement of Results
Results will be published on the AFCD website at www.cites.hk in June 2012. Winners will be notified individually. Arrangements for prize presentation will be announced in due course.
Terms and Conditions
- The AFCD reserves the right to determine the terms and conditions and the results of the competition.
- Only one entry is allowed for each participant.
- The submission of an entry shall be deemed as the granting of consent to the unconditional transfer of all copyright to the AFCD. The AFCD reserves the right to revise, use, reproduce and distribute any entry without obtaining prior consent from the participant.
- AFCD has the right to use, publish or display the particulars of the winners (including their names, school names, age, etc) for publicity purpose.
- All submissions must be of original design. It is the participant’s responsibility to settle any claims on intellectual property and the organizers shall not be responsible for such claims.
- Entries that have received awards in other competition will not be accepted.
- AFCD reserves the right to request participants to submit the original file (i.e. the original file created by using 2D or 3D graphic software). Participants may be disqualified if they fail to submit the files.
- All submissions will not be returned.
Endangered Species Protection Division
Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department
Address : 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Telephone : 2150 6974
Fax : 2376 3749
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.cites.hk