The competition aims at promulgating the message of endangered species protection through the design of wallpaper and provides the participants with an opportunity to show their creative talents with the application of computer graphics technology.
Theme of Wallpaper
The content of the wallpaper design should relate to protection of endangered animal and plant species, which may contain the following elements:
- encourage compliance of the requirements under Protection of Endangered Species of Animals and Plants Ordinance by the public and application for necessary licences
- protect wildlife from extinction and advocates sustainable use of wildlife resources
- combat poaching and illegal trade in wild animals and plants
1) Secondary School Section a) Junior Secondary Section (F.1 to F.3)
b) Senior Secondary Section (F.4 or above)
2) Open Section (for local residents of age 16 or over)
1) Format: in 800 x 600 px or 1024 x 768 px in JPEG format with file size not exceeding 3MB.
2) A slogan should be included in the design to illustrate the message.
Entry and Submission
1) Entry forms mailed to schools and their copies could be used by participating schools.
2) Entry form can be downloaded here or obtained from 5/F, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, Kowloon during office hour (Monday to Friday: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.).
3) All entries for the Secondary School Section must be submitted through the respective schools. Every participant should submit a JPEG file and a colour printout with a completed entry form stuck to its back. Participating schools should save all files for a particular section in one CD-R with clear label (please refer to format of label attached to the entry form) and submit it with the printouts by post to the Endangered Species Protection Division, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices or by delivery to the same address during office hour through the respective schools.
4) Participants of Open Section should submit the design in JPEG format together with the completed entry form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) For Secondary Section, the file should be named by the class and name of the participant, e.g. entry of F.1A Chan Tai Man should be named as “1A_chantaiman.jpg”. For Open Section, the file should be named by the name of the participant, e.g. entry of Chan Tai Man should be named as “chantaiman.jpg”.
Deadline for Submission
31th May 2010 (Monday) [According to the postmark if by mail]
Expression of the theme (including pertinence of the slogan) 50%
Aesthetic level 25%
The following prizes will be given in each section:
HK$1,500 book coupons and certificate
HK$1,000 book coupons and certificate
HK$500 book coupons and certificate
( Junior Secondary Section 5 places
Senior Secondary Section 5 places
Open Section 10 places )
HK$100 book coupons and certificate
Most Supportive School Award
(For Secondary School Section only)
HK$2,000 book coupons and certificate
Winners will also be invited to visit Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden to enhance their knowledge on protection of endangered species.
Announcement of Results
Terms and Conditions
1) The AFCD reserves the right to determine the terms and conditions and the results of the competition, and to modify these terms and conditions without prior notice.
2) Only one entry is allowed for each participant.
3) The submission of an entry shall be deemed as the granting of consent to the unconditional transfer of all copyright to the AFCD. The AFCD reserves the right to revise, use, reproduce and distribute any entry without obtaining prior consent from the participant.
4) AFCD has the right to use, publish or display the particulars of the winners (including their names, school names, age, photographs, etc) for publicity purpose.
5) All submissions must be of original design. It is the participant’s responsibility to settle any claims on intellectual property and the organizers shall not be responsible for such claims.
6) Entries that have received awards in other competition will not be accepted.
7) AFCD reserves the right to request participants to submit the original file (i.e. the original file created by using 2D or 3D graphic software). Participants may be disqualified if they fail to submit the above files.
8) All submissions will not be returned.
Endangered Species Protection Division
Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department
Address : 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Telephone : 2150 6974
Fax : 2376 3749