The Hong Kong Country Parks provide a great variety of hiking and recreational facilities. To help you enjoy a safe and pleasant day out, please read the following carefully:
Know your hiking ability
- Sleep well before your excursions, to ensure you are feeling physically and mentally strong.
- Carefully plan your route before setting out. Always bring a map and inform your family or friends where you are going and when you will return.
- Most trails are easy to walk. But for some longer, higher trails hikers should be experienced and fit. Please refer to the 'Country Park Hiking Safety Guidelines' posted on our website.
- To avoid mosquito bites, wear light-coloured long-sleeved shirts, trousers, and use insect repellent.
- To avoid sunburn or heatstroke, wear a hat or put on sun cream.
- To prevent heat exhaustion, rest when needed and drink enough water.
- Do not spit or litter. Offenders will be prosecuted.
- Vehicles are only allowed to enter the Country Parks with a permit. Camping or cooking are allowed at the designated sites only. Offenders will be prosecuted.
- Dispose of your litter in a major refuse collection point to avoid over-filling litter bins in the countryside.
- Be considerate, keep the toilet clean after use.
- Tap water may not be readily available in countryside, bring sterile alcohol wipes for washing and cleaning.
In case of emergency
If emergency occurs, stay clam, call 999 and clearly state your situation and location. To facilitate the rescue, state your position by referring to the number on the nearest distance post (e.g. H056) or any prominent landmark in sight.
Your support and suggestions are helpful and welcome. Please call our enquiry hotline 1823 for more information.