The retired racing greyhounds adopted from Macau Canidrome after 1st June 2018 are under a special arrangement and will be exempted from 120 days of post arrival quarantine at gazetted quarantine centre upon full compliance with the terms and conditions. All applications of Special Permits and required documents must be submitted to this Department by 31st August 2018.
Guideline for the Application of Special Permit
I. SUBMIT the application documents
1. The applicant must be the owner or proposed owner of the imported greyhound.
2. a. Fill in the prescribed application form (Form No. AF240)(PDF format). Facsimile copies are available from the interactive telephone (852) 2708 8885. The form can also be obtained by dialing (852) 1823.
b. HKID of the applicant (photocopy if submitted by post).
c. Proof of the resident address and proposed quarantine premises address (if different) of the applicant (must be issued in the past 3 months).
d. Vaccination certificate / card showing the date of birth of dogs, microchip number of dogs and the vaccination record of the following vaccines fulfilling the requirement of full vaccination (Form No. G124 - Guidelines for 'Full vaccination' under Special Arrangements for Importation of Retired Racing Greyhound from Macau)(PDF format). All vaccinations (including rabies and vaccine against canine distemper, infectious canine hepatitis and canine parvovirus) must be done by official veterinarians of the competent authority of Macau.
e. Rabies neutralizing antibody titre test (RNATT) (fluorescent antibody virus neutralization (FAVN) or rapid fluorescent focus inhibition test (RFFIT)) result endorsed by an official veterinarian of Macau that the test was performed by an AFCD approved laboratory (PDF format) and the titre result is 0.5 IU/ml or greater.
f. Fill in the “Application for Post Arrival Quarantine of Retired Racing Greyhound from Macau” (PDF format).
3. You will be contacted to pay the fee after the submitted documents are confirmed to be in order.
II. PAY the Permit Fee
The fee for one dog is HK$432 and HK$102 for every additional dog of the same shipment.
In person: Cash or crossed cheque payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region" is to be paid at the time when an application is submitted.
By post: Crossed local cheque is acceptable for local application. Cash should not be sent by post.
III. WHERE to Apply
Either in person or by post to:
Permit & Certification Section (Counter No. 10), Import & Export Division, 5th Floor, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 noon, 1:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. (Close on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.)
IV. DISPATCH of Permit
By ordinary mail (local) to the address as indicated in the application form. Please enclose a self-addressed envelope together with the application (No stamp is required). To avoid postal delay, the applicant may choose to pick up the permit at the licensing office in person or by an authorized person. The permit will not be dispatched by fax or email.
V. VALIDITY of Permit
Valid for 6 months and for one consignment only. The permittee must make an appointment with the Duty Officer of Import & Export Division during office hours at least 7 working days prior to the anticipated time of arrival.
Importation Requirements for the Retired Racing Greyhound under Special Arrangements
Please read the permit terms carefully to ensure the full compliance before importation of dogs. Failure to comply with the Permit Terms may render the dogs to be returned to Macau or quarantined for a period determined by the Senior Veterinary Officer at the cost and risk of the permittee. The permittee may be liable to prosecution under Section 11 of Cap 421A / Section 7 of Cap 139A.
Before the import
• The retired racing greyhound must be adopted from Macau Canidrome after 1st June 2018;
• The dog must be vaccinated against rabies and blood sample was taken not less than 30 days after giving the rabies shot for RNATT. The dog can only be exported not less than 90 days after blood sampled and the test result must be equal to or above 0.5 IU/ml;
• The dog must be fully vaccinated* against canine distemper, canine hepatitis and canine parovirus;
• All vaccinations and blood sampling exercise must be done by the official veterinarians of the competent authority of Macau;
• The dog must be subject to not less than 30 days post arrival quarantine at the approved premises recognized by AFCD.
*Please refer to the Guidelines (G124)
Before submitting your application, please make sure you have read and understood the following documents:
1. Permit Terms for Importation of Retired Racing Greyhounds from Macau(PDF format)
2. List of AFCD Approved Laboratories for performing the RNATT (PDF format)
3. Application for Post Arrival Quarantine of Retired Racing Greyhound from Macau (PDF format)
4. Undertaking of Post Arrival Quarantine for Retired Racing Greyhound from Macau (PDF format)
5. G124 - Guidelines for 'Full vaccination' under Special Arrangements for Importation of Retired Racing Greyhound from Macau(PDF format)
Two sets of carbonised Special Permits will be sent to the applicant. Please retain the original (white) copy for the retrieval of dogs on arrival. The shipping company may require the shipper to produce the duplicate (yellow) copy before accepting the carriage of dogs.
DO NOT arrange for the transportation of your dogs unless a Special Permit has been obtained from this Department.
If deemed necessary (for instance, dogs of doubtful history; dogs showing clinical signs of diseases), the quarantine period may be extended.
For details about the special arrangements, please contact us at tel. (852) 2150 7141 or e-mail at: email@example.com.