Marine Park Visitor Service
Hoi Ha Wan Public Ecotour Service
Please click here for updated announcement
Want to visit Hoi Ha Wan at your own pace? No problem.
Download the self-guided leaflet here and let it lead you through all the checkpoints.
Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park
Location of Hoi Ha Visitor Centre (Aerial View)
Hoi Ha Visitor Centre
The Drumming Rocks in Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park
Corals can be observed from the pier at low tide
The lime kiln in Hoi Ha has over 100 years of history
From May 2021 onward, the Hoi Ha Visitor Centre under Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department has been opened to the public. Free public guided ecotours are available on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Guided Activities (Suspended until further notice)
● Public Individuals
Morning tour: 10:30 am - 12:00 nn
Afternoon tour: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays (two tours per day)
25 participants per tour
Walk-in registration at the reception counter at Hoi Ha Visitor Centre on the visiting day, on first-come-first-served basis
● Group Visit for the Communities (Pre-registration required)
This guided service is designed for registered social services and charity organisations, non-profit organisations, or institutes which provide special education. Application should be made in advance.
Day and Duration
Every Friday, 1.5 hours
Please click here for more information
* We will confirm the application via email within one week after the registration. Organisations are required to provide documentary proof for non-profit or charity nature (e.g. letter issued by the Inland Revenue Department under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance), otherwise we may not be able to provide the service.
Routes for Guided Visit
● Tour starts from Hoi Ha Visitor Centre, scenic spots include Hoi Ha Village, Public Pier (for Coral Watching), Lime Kiln and Mangrove.
● The tour may pass through rocky and muddy trails. Applicants should wear appropriate outfit and should consider their own capability before applying for the tour.
Adverse Weather Conditions
- Whole day activity will be cancelled if any rainstorm warning signal, typhoon signal no.3 or above, Air Quality Health Index (AQHI, Tap Mun station) 10+, is hoisted by the Hong Kong Observatory after 7:30am.
- If any of the above signals is hoisted, the activity will be aborted. If thunderstorm warning is hoisted, duty staff will consider the on-site condition and may cease the activity.
- Duty staff may also change or cease the activity base on the weather or other unforseen conditions.
Public Ecotour: 2772 7223
School Visit: 3468 3470 / 3468 3457